Sunday, March 1, 2009

Happy Birthday Robert!!

It was Robert's birthday on Friday and he made the most wonderful birthday cake for himself. I do want it known that I would have made it for him, but he wanted to make it himself. If you are family, you may be familiar with this cake...Italian Creme Cake. To sum it up it is like carrot cake with pecans and coconut instead of carrots. It is a very rich cake, and you really only want a little piece of it.It isn't a difficult cake to make, but it is a little complicated and time consuming. I was proud of Robert, he only called me at work once to ask a question! :0) I got home from work that night, to find the cake on the table...and what could I say, I wanted to dig right in!! But alas, we had to stare at it for another day before we could taste it. The night of Robert's birthday, I brought home some pizza and we had pizza, cake and watched Hidalgo. I give Robert two thumbs up for his cake ... it ROCKED!! He has promised to make it for MY birthday next year! hehe

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Robert! Awesome cake-making abilities. That particular cake seems to be getting quite popular, I might have to try it. Any cautions or helpful hints?

Love, Amb

Toni Dee! said...

Wow - good job Robert. And happy birthday old man, sure glad you're still with us ;)