Graduation Day!!!
These signs were posted all over the road, leading us to the graduation fields!
We parked the car and made the long walk to the bleachers. Along the way, we had to take a picture of us with these pretty pink trees! We found a spot to sit way up at the top! Just before the ceremony started, my friends brother in law, who is a Sergeant First Class, was able to get us front row seats, center field! It was awesome!! We were able to see the soldiers perfectly!! As part of the Ceremony, they had a soldier and weapon display. The had smoke and 'cannons' (or something like them) firing. The soldiers came stalking through the mists. It was really pretty cool display. They told about what each soldiers job was and which weapon they had and the uses for it. It was very interesting!
Then they had the display we were all waiting for. Our soldiers were put through the test as they were to go from parade rest, to attention, to salute, etc. They were perfectly on time, and did a great job! The day was hot, and I wasn't wearing the uniform! The commanding officer gave them 30 seconds to wipe their brows and shake their legs. It was right after that one of the soldiers passed out. It was quite an amazing sight to see. As he started falling, three of the soldiers around him, caught him, and helped him to the ground. A few seconds later, they picked him up and put his arms around their shoulders. He was then moved quickly to the back of the group. A few moments later, he walked off the field. It was really neat to see the camaraderie of the soldiers...but I felt so bad! It was the hottest day that I spent there, it was at least 101 degrees and the humidity was high as well!!! As the last part of the graduation, they did a parade march in front of the bleachers. It worked out so great, because Robert was the closest to the bleachers!! He looked so great!! Me and my handsome Soldier!!
The rest of the day included more relaxing!! We did go swimming for a little while, but it was still so hot, (and we had no sunscreen!) that we didn't stay out for very long! We watched another movie, and ate some more ice cream! We ate dinner at Fuddruckers, a really good burger place. When I had to drop Robert off at the barracks that night, I hung around there for a while, I talked with a few of the guys in Robert's platoon. They all had such a respect for him, as the platoon leader. It was cool to see. I stayed for a while once they had to be back. They did role call and such, it was interesting to see.
We had such a great time together, that we didn't want to see it end. I was really glad that the days went slowly!! At least I felt like I had a LONG good visit with my husband!

No comments:
Post a Comment