I'm sure that you were all wondering why I haven't posted much this past month. You all know...or least I think you do...that I work 'with UPS'. That should be enough said, but I'll go into just a little more detail so that you can fully understand why my holiday season doesn't officially start until December 23rd.
The rush basically starts after Thanksgiving, but the worst week is the week before Christmas. That week we send out around 200 packages per day (except for Monday which is about 500), help over 200 customers, and work about 10 hours per day (least I did). So needless to say by the time that I got home at night, I was very tired and worn out. And not that blogging takes that much effort, I just wanted to veg! It is stressful and draining. Plus everything that needs to get done aka housework, shopping etc., just never seems to get done on time! Robert is good to help out with the housework, but I think that he does it mostly because he doesn't like the mess! :0) I was able to venture to Walmart to do ALL of my Christmas shopping. I went early in the morning, less people. I spent about an hour getting groceries and gifts, then about another 30 checking out...I thought that was pretty good, considering that I hadn't been grocery shopping in about two/three weeks...and hadn't gotten ANY Christmas yet. hehe...there it's out, I am a Christmas shopping slacker!
But the rush is over now, the family has come and gone(and boy did we have fun!) and Teniah is back in school. So I figured it was about time to start updating the blog. :0)
So little by little....here is the holidays!
4 comments:
Glad you are back in the blogging world!! We missed you guys at the Christmas party! I actually made it this year after about 5 years of not being there!! So maybe next we can both make it!!! Happy New Year!
Wow Mel!! You are a super trooper! I am glad you get some down time now... good to hear from you (on the blog that is!)
You made me so tired just reading about it. Glad you survived to tell the tale:) I love the calendar, by the way. We all have to fight over it the moment arrives. All my honeys love seeing all their cousins on the pages.
Reading your post about UPS at Christmas reminds me of the good old days of working at Mailboxes Etc. with Sue and Darryl. I could barely take care of myself those days, (plus we had to handwrite everything in the logs, ugh!) So I for one understand what you've been through, plus taking care of your family etc. Good job, you survived another season!!!1
Post a Comment