Friday, November 4, 2011

Yummy Turkey Soup!

After coming home from work a little later than normal today, I was in a hurry to make something for dinner for the family. I cooked a turkey yesterday and am going to be finding fun recipes for it for the next week or so until it is gone; so need less to say, I have a fridge full of turkey. With a storm coming in, I decided to throw some soup on the stove. It kinda started a little hap hazardously, throwing items in the pot and hoping for the best. Surprisingly enough, it was delicious! So here's the recipe!

Turkey Left-over Soup

made 4 servings

3 c chicken broth
1/2 c half & half
1/2 can carrots
1/2 can green beans
1 small tomato diced
1 handful mushrooms (or a can, I just had fresh ones)
about 2 c turkey
1/2 c cheese
garlic salt, pepper and Italian seasoning to taste

Mix all ingredients together in a soup pot, except cheese and bring to a boil. Turn down the heat and add the cheese. Let simmer for about 10 mins. and enjoy!

I would have posted a picture, but the soup didn't last long!

No comments: