About a week ago, Teniah came across my scrapbook and was looking through the pages. I came across a newspaper article, and I wondered, "what's that?" As I looked closer, I knew, it was my grandmothers obituary. It has been almost 5 years since she passed away. It is amazing to me how the time has passed.

In the time since, there are days when I miss her, then I pull out her necklace; I place it around my neck, and think of all the happy memories of her all day. By the end of the day, it's almost as if I have spent some time with her. Today, I heard the song, "Que Sera". Thoughts of my grandma came rushing back. I remember her singing that song to me many times as a child. So as I had this rush of thoughts, I couldn't help but to give her a place on my blog.
Grandma Barbara was an amazing woman. She was kind and thoughtful and giving. She was strong and funny. I know that I will always carry a piece of her in my heart, and she will always be missed by me. Love you Grandma!
3 comments:
What a great post! I miss her too! She was a great lady! We were lucky to have her as a Grandma!
Wow! I was not expecting this flood of emotion when I decided to check in on your blog. Thanks Honey! It totally made my day. You are a wonderful daughter and granddaughter. I love you lots! Mom
you out that into words so well! Having my Grandma pass recently has been more difficult than I planned for. thanks for posting!
Post a Comment