Sunday, May 9, 2010

Week 1 Down

This week went fairly quickly and I got to talk to Robert two different nights. His platoon won two challenges...the obstacle course and the climbing wall...and they won calls home. Robert sounded really good considering he wasn't getting much sleep and he was getting yelled at and smoked (army term for punished...aka push ups!) all day long! I can sympathize with the lack of sleep; I haven't been getting much myself! I have found some solace from facebook...they have a Fort Benning page where mothers wives and other loved ones can band together through the difficult time while their soldier is gone. I have meet a few young ladies just like myself and are fast becoming a great support group! Through these friends, I have found some amazing sites that give a lot of information on the soldiers. One of the sites even has pictures!! YAY!! I wasn't really expecting to find any pictures of Robert, but more just to see what he was doing. Looking through the pictures I was able to find TWO pictures of him!! Amazing!

Look in the top right corner, second head from the right! ROBERT!! Clear as day!!

I am pretty sure that this is him...even if you can't see his eyes!!

Eight more weeks to go!! Hooah!



1 comment:

Natalie, Brian, Rachel, Erick said...

It sounds like you have a positive attitude, and that will help. I am glad that you found a way to see some things he's doing, that's exciting! Good luck with the next 8 weeks, you can do it!!!