Robert recently joined the national guard. He did his first drill weekend on the 23rd and enjoyed himself. He has four drill weekends of training before he heads off to Georgia for basic training. His training will last all summer long...from the end of April to the end of August. We are both excited for this new change that is in the air!
4 comments:
Looks like you will be having quite a bit change here in the next little while. Congrats Robert! Your trip to California looked like it was a lot of fun and a lot drier then the one we just took.
this was such a special day for me.
I was so proud of my son. I have always been very patriotic, but I found out with other parent's sons! It was also a hard day on me.
Pray that Robert will always be safe.
Love you
Mom
Oh boy, HOW FUN! Lots of memories come flooding back to me from my Marine Corps days with J, 8 years in fact! I loved those times and cherish them so much! So will you all go to Georigia? I wanna come! It is BEAUTIFUL down there! I hope that you can be together during training, otherwise that is going to be one long summer! I am excited for you guys this is really an exciting time!!!
Unfortunately, me and the girls are staying here for the summer. It will be hard, but not worth the move. We'd rather save the $$. It's gonna be a tough summer, but we'll make it. I'm going to try and make it to Robert's graduation, and we'll see if we can get the girls to go too. It'll be interesting!
Post a Comment