Saturday, August 8, 2009

Big Tree

During our hike we saw, what I am guessing is, the biggest redwood in the park. The reason that I say it is the biggest is because it is named.....Big Tree! Here is the 'stats' on Big Tree!

It is amazing to me that this tree is so tall, so big around and SOOOOO OLD! If you hear me complaining that I am getting old, just remind me of Big Tree!

4 comments:

Natalie, Brian, Rachel, Erick said...

Where is this exactly? It looks amazing. How come it took 6 hours instead of 3, is there a story there...

Melanie said...

Nat,

This is in northern California a few hours past Eureka. And Yes there is a story there...I thought I mentioned it, but guess I forgot! The road was so twisty turny that it took us double the time to get there! Good thing the kids fell asleep...

Travis and Rochell said...

Hey when my sister Jen lived in California they went to the Redwoods too. She did say it was one of the coolest places that she has been too. Glad you guys had a good time. My kids would have never lasted that long in the car.

April said...

I'm glad you were able to see the trees. I think they're one of my favorite things in Northern California. Glad you made it home safely:)