We went camping this last weekend for Father's Day. We had planned on going to Yankee Meadow, thinking that it wouldn't be very busy, but we were wrong. There were only a couple of camping sites open, and they of course, were the worst ones. Discouraged we headed back home, and on a last ditch effort made a turn on the road. We found this....

We had the whole lake to ourselves. (Well, as you can see, there is another person in the shot, it isn't Robert, but some random guy who thought he'd come fishing in a lake with no fish!) It was awesome!! We had so much fun. We had a fire, made s'mores, roasted hot dogs, went on a hike,
and Teniah learned to pee in the wild. We had such a blast!!
Here is the girls on the hike. They had a blast! Of course Kierstin got carried the whole way, but we all had a good time! When Robert was holding Kierstin, this was all that she wanted to do, drink from his camel back!
9 comments:
Wow! that is beautiful. I'm so glad you were able to find somewhere that nice and of course with no one there, it makes it even more special
Oh to be young again and even want to sleep in a tent!!!
love you
Myrna
So pretty! can't wait to go up there with you guys!
Where is that?? It looks beautiful1
wow, is that duck creek? beauuuutiful!!!
So fun I am glad that you found a site. You have to get there really early to get a place at yankee!!
So cool! I am hungering for outdoor adventure. And thank heavens for peeing outside, it makes the whole experience a little more natural :) Next time can we come?
Michelle...
It is near Yankee Meadow...which is up the canyon to Brianhead. We'll take you if you want to join us for a camping trip!??? :0)
Christie...
It isn't Duck Creek, but close...isn't it pretty tho!
Toni...
The whole peeing thing wasn't too fun! Teniah striped down to pee...otherwise she wouldn't have had any clothing to wear! It was a sight! Plus she wouldn't WOULDN'T do it at night!! :0) We'll take you there the next time you're here if you want!
What a great way to celebrate Father's Day and in such a beautiful place too!. I'm glad you found a bit of heaven off the beaten path. The girls looks so grown up. Thanks for the encouragement about blogging:) We'd love to see you sometime. I'll have to ask Jan'l about the details for the ranch. She mentioned the ranch when I saw her a few weeks ago.
HOW FUN! i love camping.. and Robert is the king of camping. I love your house by the way.. it is gorgeous, and I am so excited we get to see you in a few weeks!
Post a Comment