Tuesday, February 3, 2009

It's Groundhog Day!!

Yesterday was Groundhog's Day and I held the first annual Groundhog Day party! I know what you are thinking...a party? for Groundhog's Day? Who has a party for the groundhog? Well, I do! And since I knew that was what all of my friends were thinking...I went all out.

I made cute invitations....
I made Groundhog Cupcakes....
We invited some of our oldest friends and one of our newest friends. And who would have guessed it, that on this holiday no one was out of town or visiting family. hehe We had a pot luck dinner of chili and cornbread, chips and dip, cookies, cupcakes, and root beer floats. We played my new favorite game (Discombobulation), which I don't know why it is really my favorite...I always seem to lose...in one hand I gained 200 points! Then we watched Groundhog Day (of course!)

All in all we had a complete blast! I love my friends, we can be silly and have so much fun! I wouldn't have minded at all to wake up this morning .... (not that I really woke up at 6:00 hehe)

to find out that it was Groundhogs day...again!

7 comments:

Rachel said...

what a fun idea!!! so did he see his shadow? that what i need to know....

Melanie said...

Yeah, I did forget to mention that he did see his shadow...so six more weeks of winter. :(

The Munfords said...

Yeah we had so much fun and I am still very impressed with the whole invitation thing!! You are very VERY creative. Thanks again for a great night out with friends who I consider family!

Toni Dee! said...

How fun! We watched the movie too - but I fell asleep within like 5 minutes. Oh and we had lunch with ksenya and told her that it was a Groundhog sandwich :) I know, kind of mean - but it was funny! I love your cupcakes :)

April said...

Cute, cute cupcakes! We celebrate goofy things too, but I don't think we've specifically celebrated Groundhog's Day. Fun idea!

SISSY said...

You rock Mel! Those cupcakes were adoreable, wish we could have come to your Groundhog party.. and I love that game! Miss you guys, kiss those precious girlies for me!

Sarah Ball said...

Looks like you guys had a fun time! I am hoping to get down to Cedar the end of the month... It is state basketball there and Dev's little brother plays so if they make it to state we are going to try to come down. If not then we will for sure be down in March!