Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Thanksgiving

We had a wonderful Thanksgiving this year. I can't believe how much good food there is to be eaten! First we had a dinner with Robert's family, the Saturday before Thanksgiving. We sat around and ate dinner, and then we watched the newest Star Trek. We had a blast visiting with everyone, and eating all that YUMMY food! Then for actual Thanksgiving, we went to my grandmas house in Parowan. She has been feeling down in spirits for the last few months, and then about two months ago, she was diagnosed with breast cancer. She has been such a strong woman and has dealt with it very well. She had a surgery, and all the cancer is gone. She won't need any chemo or radiation, and hopefully it will stay away. But, she was in the best of spirits on Thanksgiving, because all of her family was surrounding her. We had a HOUSE full of people ... close to 40 ... and we only had a few people missing two cousins, one husband and one missionary! We had so much food that we actually had thanksgiving two nights in a row!! It was great!! I love potatoes and homemade noodles and fresh cherry pie!! Oh...it was all WONDERFUL!!

3 comments:

Mrs. Topham said...

Your words got me thinking about all that wonderful food - pure heaven! It is always a blessing to have family around. I love ya Melanie, you are the best daughter a mom could have!

Anonymous said...

I am VERY happy to know that your grandmother is better and all the cancer is gone, yay!!! That is great news! I know when we got the same news abou tmy Dad, I literally bawled my eyes out!

April said...

So fun! What a nice gift for your grandma to have most of the family able to visit after a difficult few months. Good luck in her continued success battling cancer!