Thursday, November 19, 2009

Leftover Turkey Soup

On Sunday, we were able to have Thanksgiving dinner with some of our BEST friends. The food was amazing, and the turkey was perfect and juicy! Needless to say, I cooked WAY too much food, and we have been having leftovers all week. Tonight, I decided that I wanted to make some soup. So here is the recipe for all of you to enjoy! You might need it next week to help with your turkey leftovers! :0)

2-3 c cut up turkey meat
1 large can cream of chicken soup plus, 1/2 the can water, and 1/2 can milk
1 can carrots
1 can and 1 small can of cream of corn
1 spoonful minced garlic
salt and pepper to taste

Add 1 TBS oil and garlic to your pot. Warm up and add the turkey. Saute the turkey for a few minutes. Add all other ingredients and bring to a boil.

Enjoy!

3 comments:

Natalie, Brian, Rachel, Erick said...

Sounds yummy! We might have to try that, thanks!

Mrs. Topham said...

Hey Melanie,
The recipe sounds great and so does the idea of sharing new recipes with everyone. You are turning into a pretty amazing cook! (healthy, too)
Keep up the good cookin'! Love, Mom

April said...

There's nothing like Thanksgiving leftovers. It's the perfect reason to cook too much food:) Thanks for sharing this recipe. I guess I missed it when I had my turkey leftovers, but I'll file it away for the next time. We miss you guys.