Tuesday, September 30, 2008

We Have an Athlete at our House!


On the 20th, Robert participated in his first Triathlon! He has been training for about the last four months or so. He has been running, biking and swimming in all of his spare time. For his first Triathlon, he did the sprint, which is just a shortened version of a normal one. First he had to swim half a mile. Then he hopped on his bike and rode for 12 and a half miles. To finish the race, he had to run just a little over 3 miles and cross the finish line!
Teniah and I, plus Grandma and Grandpa went down to cheer him on! I was expecting it to be BORING, but I can't believe how much fun I had! I talked to Robert during 'transitions' and kept his energy going. When he crossed the finish line, he was beaming with excitement, and looked pretty exhausted! He felt awesome though, but was STARVING!

We are so Proud of our DADDY!!


Here is Robert, showing off his medal!

4 comments:

Toni Dee! said...

Robert, You look awesome. You haven't weighed less than me for many a year. I better kick it in gear, huh! :) It takes strength of character to commit to a triathlon, and then to actually participate. Maybe I will do it with you after we move back to Utah.
Tyler

Melanie said...

Thanks bro. Yeah, that would be awesome if we did a tri together. Keep up the crossfit, its a pretty high gear in and of itself... just add a little running, swimming and biking to that mix and you'll be good to go.
Robert

Anonymous said...

that ROCKS!! CONGRATS ROBERT!!!! You know, now you have your big bro looking at doing a triatholon! I am dead serious, he has already begun the search! lol

April said...

You look like you're in top physical condition. Great job, Robert. What an accomplishment. I don't know if Kade e-mailed you yet, but he was so proud of you and thought you looked amazing (I'm not sure if amazing was his exact word--he talks differently than I do:)